Olympic ESD Network Services provides a variety of services to school districts and to OESD itself. The department is the primary data and video contact for the K-20 network for greater Olympic Peninsula schools. In addition, Network Services provides yearly contract and hourly-rate services. Network Services staff are based out of both the Bremerton and Port Angeles offices.
· Local area network infrastructure component installation and support: routers, hubs, switches, caching engines, proxy servers.
· Use of protocol analyzers and traffic meters to measure network system health and perform troubleshooting.
· Software installation and troubleshooting.
· Operating system installation and upgrades.
· PC and Macintosh platforms.
· Microsoft Windows Server and Linux products supported.
· Basic file and print server support is included in a Network Services contract.
· Applications servers supported: Among them are Accelerated Reader, Follett library software; Star Reading and Math; Microsoft Exchange.
· Needs assessment, configuration, installation and maintenance. Specializing in Fortinet, Watchguard, and open-source security solutions.
· Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Sendmail hosted mail services available, with anti-virus and anti-spam protections included.
· Network Services provides setup, training and support of School Messenger brand telephone auto-dialer systems, used primarily for automated absentee reporting.
· Network Services provides district-wide or school-wide top-down analysis of network, server, and desktop infrastructure, providing a set of written recommendations for growth and restructuring.
Network Tech Staff Forums
· Network Services provides technology forums periodically throughout the school year. These forums, which are free of charge, are held on a variety of subjects which are primarily targeted toward a field-level technical support level. Past subjects covered have been wireless networking, server technologies, firewalls, security, and student data access.